- See Help:Bots for Wikia specific info about wiki bot users.
Wiki bots are scripts that edit the wiki in a semi-automated or fully-automated manner. This includes regular users running a batch script to apply a change to many pages, but it can also mean an automated script that keeps doing the same thing over and over again according to a schedule.
"Bot" tag Edit
Bureaucrat admins can tag a user account as a "bot". This adds the user to the "Bots" user rights management group in WildStar Wiki. Edits by such accounts can be hidden in the lists of recent changes, which can help reduce the amount of work needed by the RC Patrol.
Regular user accounts are never tagged as bots, even if some of them do more editing than some of our bot scripts. Only secondary accounts are bot tagged, c.f. Bob vs Bobbot. They do not need to have "bot" in their names, but we do encourage it.
Applying for a bot account Edit
- Even if you use a script to help with some of your edits, you do not necessarily need a bot account. Unless you are doing truly massive amounts of automated editing, and/or expect to do it repeatedly, just run the scripts from your regular user.
So, how to do it?
- Create a new account using user name with "bot" at the end of it.
- Follow the Wikia recommended process at Help:Bots.
- Ask a bureaucrat to add it to the "bots" group.